Friday, September 16, 2011

Christmas sketch

When I first saw this challenge, even though I'm not yet in a Christmas mood, I thought- why not? Maybe it's time to start getting those ideas ;)
This is my take on this challenge, not quite typical, yet a Christmas card :)



I used some beautiful embellishments from WOC, like the filigree metal corners which were silver originally- but I painted them with gesso and white crackle paint. Then some white flowers, hydrangea and sweetheart blossom ( I've build the biggest flower of 2 hydrangeas and one little sweetheart). Added some shine here and there with Ranger's stickles - lavender and icicle.
The paper is from MME Holly Jolly and this beautiful angel image is stamped on a purple paper with a matching ink.
Thanks for stopping by :)


3 comments:

justi said...

I know that my impressions are absolutely subjective (you know why :-*) but...honestly your card is the most beautiful from all submitted to this challenge :)
Do you know why? Because is so unique in shape, colors and used details. Is very… yours in style, made with heart.

Wiem, ze moje wrażenia sa bardzo subiektywne ( Ty wiesz dlaczego :-*) ale uczciwie trzeba powiedzieć, ze Twoja kartka jest najładniejsza z wszystkich zgłoszonych w tym wyzwaniu. Wiesz dlaczego? Ponieważ jest taka unikatowa w formie, kolorystyce i wykorzystanych dodatkach. Bardzo w Twoim stylu...zrobiona z sercem.

Kim said...

What a beautiful and unique Christmas card! I love it and love all the elegant filigree that you have used! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at WOCC!
Hugs~ Kim

Anne Kristine said...

Wow! Your Christmas card is gorgeous!
Love the image and colours1
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne