I hope everyone is doing fine and having a great start of the weekend!
I certainly do :) SO happy to leave this heavy working week behind...
Now equipped with 2 happy mails which arrived earlier this week (from UHK Gallery and Mixed Media Place), having 2 projects initiated on my crafting table. Life is good :)
Today I just wanted to share few details about my previous layout which I did as my DT project for SATW challenge.
I must say I'm really happy with this one! The projects made on plain paper, with mixed media background are my faves :) It's just so rewarding...can be frustrating sometimes, but hey, it's a part of the learning process and next time is always better :)
I used my favourite, a heavy cardstock from Papierowa Galanteria, a plain light ecru, which has the most beautiful soft vintage tone. PERFECT for the vintage page, trust me!
In my stash I had those fabulous papers from 7Gypsies, but I wanted to use them only as layers, with white space and some effect in the background.
- I started with applying a thin prime layer of gesso on the cardstock (necessary step if you want to use water medium afterwards)
- once gesso was dry I applied some random splashes of watercolour paints. I use Twinkling H2O by Luminarte: Mocha Rose, Rose Petal, Sandollar, Natural Linen, Rich Cocoa.
- a really fun technique which I tried here was stamping with watercolour paint.
- I applied the paint with the brush on the stamp and stamped the images randomly. It works well with rubber stamp or acrylic stamps which are a bit sticky - basically, the more difficult to clean the stamp, the better for this technique :)
- you can either leave the image to dry or spray some water on it, to allow to blend partly-both effects are really nice!
- I finished off with another dark stamp for contrast, this one with archival ink
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your stay :)