Sunday, April 6, 2014

Prima BAP and PPP - Guest Designer

Hi there!
This is a special moment, definitely one of my most anticipated scrappy experiences - my guest design appearance at Prima!!!
Few days ago you could meet me in My Prima Place vol 11, where I got a page and one of my earlier works is published.
I have also prepared pages for Prima's April challenges, BAP and PPP. You will find the challenges here.

Without further ado, let's start with the BAP


I started by creating the stencil pattern in the bottom part of the paper. I used Floral stencil and gesso to create some round patterns, following the sketch. Then I added a bit of colour with watercolours to get more dimension. I finished off the background with some stamping and splatters of black ink. For the matting under the photos, I used pieces of papers from the Love Letter kit and Sunrise Sunset. I also added some round embellishments, corresponding to the round patterns in the lower part of the sketch.

Products: Lifetime - Guiltier, Item: 845483, IOD- 12” x 12” Love Letter Kit, Item: 813352, 6x6 Paper Pad - Sunrise Sunset, Item: 960087, Ingvild Bolme- Oval Frame Resins, Item: 892111, Junkyard Findings Typo Bulbs, Item: 891534, Tatiana - Victorian, Item: 566364, Lyric Clear Stamp 2, Item: 563219, Poppies and Peonies Collection - Donna Downey - Stencils Mask 6x6 – Floral


This is my take on the PPP

I wanted to create a subtle, dreamy layout to match this cute photo of my daughter and the soft colour palette. I’ve used gesso to prime the paper, then added generous small splashes of the watercolours in pink, mint green, and yellow. I also used a stencil (with gesso) to get this delicate, flowery white pattern.
I used stitch stamp to outline the main part of my layout. I layered a paper doily and some Prima papers under the photo. As you probably know, even the packages from Prima products can make a great addition to your project. Well, I’m saving them all!  :) Here I have used a yellow banner and a word ‘Dream’ cut out from the packaging of Prima flowers.
Products: Lifetime - Familia Item: 845506, 6x6 Garden Stencil Item: 922115, Vintage Mechanicals - Mini Brads Item: 960384, STITCH STAMPS- RECTANGLES Item: 570507, Ingvild Bolme- Butterfly Resins, Item: 891992, Debutantes, Item: 539627

Our photographs used in both layouts were taken by a fantastic photographer Monika Manowska
Thank you so much for visiting me today and sharing this happy moment with me. If you are a new visitor- feel a warm welcome! I hope you will enjoy your visits in this space. And if you are a frequent guest here, I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your presence and encouragement! 
Hope you are all having a great weekend :)

6 comments:

Allie Marie said...

Hi Zanka, saw your amazing creations on the Prima Blog today, just dreamy!! TFS
Can't wait to have a go myself!!

Lizzyc said...

Both amazing layouts, so pretty!

Patricia said...

Both delightful pages!!! Great idea to crate the framing with the stitch stamps...most impressive !!!

CarrieStephenson said...

Beautiful layouts with soft, dreamy colours.

dstandard said...

Beautiful pages!

IWA said...

Cuda i dziwy! Jak zwykle ciężko oczy oderwać!